Macao Visas

All visitors must hold a passport or a valid travel document for travel to Macau.

– All vistors from Mainland China need to hold a valid Exit/Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau with a relevant endorsement, and will need to meet the general entry requirements.


1. Foreigners

All visitors are required to have a visa except nationals of countries which are exempted from a visa or entry permit. For more information on “Visa” and “Entry Permit” Exemption, please visit the website of the Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force.

A Macau visa can be obtained through the Embassies/Consulates of the PRC and should be used within its validity. Visitors may also apply for an entry permit or visa upon arrival at the immigration checkpoint. However, visitors from certain countries are required to obtain a visa in advance before their trip to Macau. For more information, please visit the website:


Passport holders from the following countries are exempt from Macao entry visas and are permitted to stay 30-90 days:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, Croatia, Czech, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Namibia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America and Uruguay . (The list is subject to change without prior notice.)

If a visa is required, it can be obtained upon arrival in Macao, issued by the Immigration Department for a period of 30 days.


There are three types of entry permit (i.e. Visa-upon-arrival) :
Individual – MOP$100 (MOP$50 for children under the age of 12)
Family Passport – MOP$200
Group – MOP$50 per person for groups of at least 10 people organized by a single travel manager and presenting a collective travel document


The above information is for reference only. For further information on entry formalities, please contact the Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force at Tel: (Macau area code) (853) 2872 5488 or email:, or visit their website:


2. Non-local UM students

According to the Law of Macau, all non-local students (except Hong Kong SAR Resident) studying at Macau’s tertiary education institutions have to apply for the “Special Authorization to Stay” (Student Visa). The “Special Authorization to Stay” is valid for 1 year and has to be renewed every academic year. Student Resources and Service Section will arrange for the first time application of all freshmen and exchange students, for more information, please visit Student Affairs Office’s website:


Application for the “Special Authorization to Stay” should be submitted to the Macau Immigration Department:

Immigration Department Main Building

Address:Edf. do Serviço de Migração Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macau
Telephone:(853) 2872 5488 (6 lines)
Fax:(853) 8897 0300
Website (in Chinese/Portuguese only)


Office Hour:

Monday to Thursday09:00 – 17:45
Friday09:00 – 17:30

(Note:No break at lunch hour)


Macao Government Tourist Office:

Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force:

China Travel Service(Macao) Ltd.:

Hong Kong Visas

If you need a visa to transit Hong Kong, information on Hong Kong visa requirements can be obtained from the Hong Kong Immigration Department. Most passport-holders do not require a visa for stays of less than 14 days.


Hong Kong Immigration Department:

China Visas

Visas are required for all foreigners entering Mainland China. A standard tourist visa is valid for a 30-day visit. They can usually be obtained from Chinese embassies or consulates. Landing visa application is available at some entry ports, except Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Israel, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Sudan, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. (The list is subject to change without prior notice.)


Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the PRC:

Entry Permit to Taiwan

1. Online Application for Macao and Hong Kong citizens ONLY

Effective from 01 September 2010, information on online application for entry permit to Taiwan for Macao and Hong Kong citizens can be obtained from Taiwan Immigration Agency. The visa is valid for one 30-day travel within 3 months from the issuance date. For further information, please refer to the following website:


Taiwan Immigration Agency:


2. Application for Chinese nationals

All Chinese nationals currently staying in Macau must apply for entry permit to Taiwan through anthorized travel agencies. An applicant must first obtain the proof of identity (身份證明) from Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Macao.


The required documents for proof of identity application are as follow:

a. Proof of work / study in Macau

b. Identification documents, including ID card, passport, transport permit, working permit or student ID card if any.


Having obtained the proof of identity, entry permit to Taiwan can be applied in authorized travel agencies in Taiwan or authorized travel agencies in Macau.


For further information, please call Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office in Macau and refer to the following websites:

Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office in Macao

Tel: 2830-6289

Office hours: Mon-Fri 09:00-12:30 and 13:00-17:30


Macao Government Tourist Office:


Taiwan Tourism Bureau: