After knowing the result from the host university and before arriving at the host university, the student should have a good level of preparedness for exchange. There are many things you may help yourself prepare for a memorable and productive exchange. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend pre-departure briefing;
- Arrange visa, if required;
- Arrange insurance and leave a copy of insurance policy and number to your family;
- Get approval of Learning Agreement from your programme coordinator for credit transfer;
- Research on your exchange university, destination city and country;
- Arrange health check;
- Complete and submit the emergency contact sheet to your host department
- Obtain emergency contacts of persons in UM in case you need to seek help from your home university during your study abroad. Simultaneously, leave a name of contact person of your host university to your family so that they can reach you through this person, if needed;
- Prepare yourself mentally and physically, and get ready for the journey!
Download Pre-departure Notebook
What should I do after exchange?
Nevertheless, there are few things you will need to do after your exchange. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- Apply credit transfer at Registry/ Faculty with your approved Learning Agreement and the transcript issued by exchange university;
- Submit exchange reports/ survey and provide credit transfer information;
- Be ready to share your experience with your fellow schoolmates;
- Be willing to act as advisor of your peers and other students.